Pages

Friday 9 November 2018

Sailing

We went sailing for a class trip last friday. The next day for writing we
had to do make recount on what we did, here is my recount. I hope that you
like it and make sure that you leave a comment!


Last week on friday, we as a class went sailing at lake Rua. When we got there our
instructors taught us how to to “ Rig “ The boat. fIrst we had to learn the names of all
the parts The Bomb, the Rudder, the tiller, the hiking stick, the sail, the center board and
the spirit. Afterwards we learnt how to put them together, it was tricky trying to remember
all the things to do, so the instructors somehow read my mind and decided it was easier
to learn bit by bit.


Firstly we had to put the sail into its place. Afterwards we had to connect the bomb
to the sail, then they taught us how to tie a knot on the mast so that it doesn’t just slip
through the pulleys. We learnt a whole lot in only a few minutes, and we weren’t even
done yet!


When we finally got to actually get into the water so that we could sail, I found out
that we could only have three boats at a time, I was sad because I had to wait a
super long time, but When it was finally my turn to sail, I had the time of my life! It
was nice and windy when I took off, and the sun was so unbelievingly hot that day
That I felt like I was in a microwave!


Straight after everyone had a go at sailing we had lunch, I had two
croissants with lettuce, ham and cheese in my lunch, It was delicious.
It wasn’t the end of the sailing trip just yet though, we still had a little play around,
luckily for us, we bought a few bouncy balls a cricket set, tennis balls and some
ping pong rackets. I played cricket for a while but then I changed and played a game
that my friends made up, It’s like tennis and volleyball combined.


Once our little play was over we went sailing again, but this time we were
allowed to have six boats at a time on the water! My friend Thom had  two turns
on his boat, I had 10 goes and my friend Zack had 17 goes on his boat altogether!
That's more than eight times the amount Thom had! After sailing we took our boats
a part and than drove back to school, I had two whole seats to myself!


We got to school at around 2:45 and we were allowed to play in the playground until
it was  time to go home.



1 comment:

  1. Sam, this is a great recount of your sailing trip. I really could picture you enjoying the learning and the sailing. I particularly loved the sentence 'I had the time of my life' and the fact that you were able to work out the amount Thom had compared to Zack. It sounds like a wonderful day.
    Thanks for sharing it,
    Mrs S

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.