Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2018

Summer learning journey prep one

Location?: The Republic of South Africa is a country located at the southern tip of the African continent.

What is the capital city of South Africa?: The capital city is called... Pretoria, the population is 741,651 people.

Population of South Africa: 55 million people.

Climate: Celsius; Summer (December to February) temperatures range from 8 -28 degrees Celsius.

Languages: There are 11 official languages in South Africa - Afrikaans, English, Ndebele, Northern Sotho, Sotho, Swazi, Tsonga, Tswana, Venda, Xhosa and Zulu. Most people speak more than one language.


Ethnic Mix: Black African, White, Coloured, Asian, Other

Money (Currency): South African rand [ZAP]

National Sports: Football ( Soccer ), Cricket, Rugby

National Icons: The Springbok, 2. The blue crane, 3. The protea flower, 4. The colours - yellow and green




3 comments:

  1. Hi sam I like how you have put in lots of detail for your detail.
    I think that You have done a very good job.
    yours sincerly Jonathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam it's me Layton South Africa is so cool and there are so many people there. And you haven't done anything wrong with your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Sam as well!
    I am from Waikowhai Primary School.
    Today is our mufti day and we are all dressed up in christmas.
    South Africa, it looks like it can be really cold and really hot.
    Maybe next time you could add some photos.
    If you would like to see my posts please go to
    https://wpssamuelh.blogspot.com/
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.