Pages

Thursday 11 July 2019

WLJ - My acrostic poem

Good morning bloggers! Today this blog post is going to have an acrostic poem on an animal of my choice. Which is the...

Shark!

So this is how it works. For those of you who don't know what an acrostic poem is, you basically line up the initials of anything, so that each letter will be facing to your right (which is this way -->). Then, you find an adjective (a describing word) that starts with each letter of the initials. Have you got it yet? If you don't, no pressure, I don't expect you to figure it out that quickly. That brings me back to my poem, if you look at the one that I have made, you will find that it makes a good example. So let's get started!

          Streamline

          Harmful

          Amazing

Sometimes Ruthless

          Kings of the deep

          Sharp senses



Well, there you have it, an acrostic poem on sharks. Bye!

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Sam,
    My name is Jedi and I am a year eight in rimu class (and your #supercool sister๐Ÿ˜‰). I think that this post is good because you have added an intro (or description) and you have also written a really good acrostic poem.

    Although this post is great, I think that to really knock people's socks off you should. Present your poem in a creative way, maybe by using a visme, or piktochart or even just google drawings or slides.
    As I watched you write this poem ( I totally was not criticizing your work ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜) I noticed that you were using photo's of sharks and a thesaurus for inspiration. Which I think is great.

    If there was anything you could change about this post, what would it be?

    I hope to see you still posting
    -Jedi๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’›

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora sam,
    My name is Jonathon (as you know me cause I am your friend from school)
    I think that this post is great because.

    1.you have explained what an acrostic poem is.
    2.you have created a poem that is very good.
    you have made me think that this is a qulity blog post.

    Points you could work on.
    1. you can add some more colour (tip if you use black as a background and the letters in gradient colour it will stand out and be very eye catching.
    2. the letters are not exactly in line you could
    straiten the letters.

    but other wise great job!#

    Jonathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam,

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey. It is great to have you posting. I thought your poem was really creative and accurate. You clearly like sharks (Jed's WLJ post about her family emphasised this for me).

    I think your sister and friend have offered you some great advice.

    I can't wait to read your next blog post!
    :) Mrs Spragg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sam my name is Saia from Tamaki Primary school, Im going to discribe your work. I like the way how you gave an example about your poem. One thing you can work on is to put some images on to make it look cool.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.