Pages

Friday 2 November 2018

Athletics

We have been working on recounts for the past week or two and I wrote about athletics Day.
We had athletics so I
decided to write about it for my recount. I hope that you like it
and make sure that you leave a comment!


Athletics Day


On Friday we had athletics day, there was a range of sports we did, like Shot Put,
Discus, Sprints, high Jump and more. My favourite was sprints, discus and high Jump.


Firstly we ( The year five boys, we were doing it in age groups ) Did long Jump,
First in line was Corbin, he got around 2 meters, we had to get to three meters in
order to make it to Zones, After him it was my turn I jumped 2 meters and 96 cm,
In other words I was 4 cm close, the closest yet! But it was only a matter of time when
someone beat me, His name is Zack, he Jumped 2 meters and 98 cm! 2 cm in front of
me! Now I was in second place now, but then zack was Beaten! My friend Alize beat him
and got 3m and 16 cm! He is now able to go to Zones. I wasn’t really surprised, because Alize
is quite an athlete!


Next it was Discus, as I already mentioned it is one of my favourites, Again it was Corbin first,
he threw 5m, Unfortunately we weren’t old enough to go to Zones for this one, anyway. The
teacher
running Discus put us in an order that we were to stay in until relays, again Corbin was first, then
some other kids until it was finally me, I threw about 7.03m, which was the furthest, but Alize beat
me once again by about 2 meters! I was stunned! Soon enough we headed off to Shot put, then sprints.


I absolutely love sprints, Last time I came second in the 50 meter sprints and first in 80 meter
sprints. Mrs Walters ( Our instructor ) Put us in three rows, this was because she was timing
us to see if we could make it to Zones or not, and because it would be easier to remember three
times at ones instead of 9. First it was Jonathon Eamon and Corbin on the fifty meter, then me,
Rhys and Louis, I came first, Louis came second and Rhys came last. Then Alize, Thom and Toby
ran, and then we started again, Jonathon Eamon and Corbin, then me Rhys and Louis excetra,
everything went the same except for one thing, we ran 80 meters, last but not least we ran 100
meters, I came first out of everyone and maybe qualified for Zones.

Then it was lunch time and afterwords, relays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.