Pages

Thursday 19 September 2019

Amazing Poetry!

Kia Ora Bloggers!

Have you ever created your own poem? If you have, what is it about? Well for writing this week, we have been working on poetry. 

Our teachers showed us a few videos of people reading their poems and gave us some poems that were written by Pie Corbett and Valerie Bloom, who are both very good poets. Anyway, today we had to create our own poem, and I called my one 'Cake'. It would be amazing if you could leave some feedback on my poem, thanks!

Happy Blogging!

There’s cake there’s cake,

It’s everywhere,

All sorts of toppings in my hair,

I can’t decide which one to eat, 

My tummys full, oh what a treat!

I dance around, with delight,

I really want another bite

It’s time for lunch,

Oh I can’t wait,

I go to the kitchen and get a plate.

It’s calling me, it’s calling me,

What’s for lunch?

I want to see,

Is it roast chicken?

Or fish soup?

Sandwiches?

A Cantaloupe?

Oh wait, no way!

It’s cake, no fake


I wish we had this everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.