Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Acid Rain

Today we were supposed to finish of this paragraph describing what it was like outside.

Acidic rain fell for three days and three nights. When the rain fell, I stayed inside with friends and family. When it stopped, however, my family and I decided to go for a walk outside. I opened the door and...

the only things remaining are just rotten wood, dead plants and a dessert for a garden. The place was so messed up, that it looked as if a drought and a tornado had just passed.

Tree branches were scattered across the yard and there was a big chunk of rotten wood from a nearby tree that was blocking the driveway. I thought that nothing could have gotten worse until I saw a tree trunk, smashed into my dog's kennel, the rain must have weakened the trees roots causing it to fall.

I fell to my knees and burst into tears. I could even hear a distant bark from him, and another, and another each time getting louder, I got up and started looking for him, he seemed to be in the bushes, I made my way through hoping it was him and... It was!

I jumped around joyfully, not even caring about the acid rain storm because he was here! I ran to my Mum and Dad with tears of joy in my eyes telling them what had happened and how I was so gutted when I saw the tree trunk in His kennel, and how I found him in the bushes. I was so happy that I totally forgot about what the rain did for a while.

And then I woke up to a beautiful day with the sun shining. Oh how grateful was that it was just a dream.


Thanks for reading and make sure to leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam,

    What a creative story you have written about what you would do if you walked outside after an acid rain storm.

    I am so glad that your dog was OK in the end of the story! I was worried there for a minute, stories with happy endings are the best!

    Do you have a dog at home?

    Until next time, happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Emma,

    Thanks for reading my post and replying. Actually, I don't have a dog at home, But I have a Cat. I thought that it would sound weird if I said that my cat had a kennel outside, and I also said that I had a dog because It was a Fictional story, Right?

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.