Pages

Friday 11 May 2018

Rugby Boots

                   Rugby Shoes


46 students from yaldhurst model school were asked to trial a shoe for a month and report it afterwards. I chose a rugby boot from sfida.

            

What is Sfida ?   

Sfida is a shoe brand that you can find in many shops including:
Rebel Sports
Number one shoes
And so on.

What are rugby boots?

Rugby boots are shoes especially made  for rugby, Obviously.
There are parts at the bottom of the shoes called Studs. These are to help grip into the muddy grass.

If you look at the front of the boots you notice that it is  pointed more than normal shoes, this is so that when you kick the ball in a conversion, your boot can fit under the ball without touching the tee.

Price $


These boots can cost About $24 to $35
because of the expensive material.

Material


The boot is covered in leather so that water may not enter the boot, Under the leather is a cotton material so that your feet don't sweat your feet don't stink when you take them out. On the soul of the shoe there is a nice soft pad so that your shoe gets a comfy fit. Under the boot are things poking out called "Studs". The studs are so that they can grip onto the muddy floor, You can get metal studs or plastic studs.





1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam My name is Alex from Waikowhai Primary School. I liked How you explained what the Studs were for.Did you know they got the idea from the cheetah because there claws can't retract so the dig into the ground which means they don't slip. Maybe Next time you could add some photos of the rugby boots.If you would like to check out my blog here is a link http://wpsalexanderw.blogspot.co.nz/ Bye .

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.